Tuesday 6 July 2010

I'm finding being 64 years old a strange thing, part of me is ready to go on and on as a full-time minister because I feel I still have a lot to offer, and yet there are moments when my own personal beach hut by the sea is very inviting.

The Apostle Paul wrote about wanting go and be with the Lord, but realised he was more needed down here on earth. Of course I don't put myself in his exalted bracket, however I do understand what he was saying.

I know a minister who is counting down the days on his calendar to his retirement. Doesn't seem to be the right attitude to me.

For me, I just want to be useful to the Lord and hopefully pass on some of the things I have learnt through the years, and I will carry on rejoicing always seeing the glass half full.

So, the beach hut will have to wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment